Litigator, Mediator& Arbitrator – Experienced, Certified, & Unbiased
- 50+ years of litigation experience
- Tried almost 150 cases to verdict
- Certified mediator & arbitrator
- Passed Certification in Civil Appellate Law
- Board-certified Personal Injury Trial Lawyer
- Litigated & lectured in the U.S., Europe & Asia
- Former board member of the TTLA
- Past president of the TTLA East Texas Chapter
If you take the time to listen, three things often happen:
1. The other side tends to return the favor. Instead of each party developing their next argument while the other is trying to share their needs, they will actually absorb what each has to say.
2. You often discover common ground. You may be able to find ways to compromise in a way so that everyone gets what they really want.
3. The opposing party may give you valuable information you wouldn’t have had otherwise. This information may allow you to negotiate more effectively, or it may provide you what you need to develop a more sophisticated argument.
You can see that listening is not just the considerate thing to do. It’s actually a powerful strategy. Blake Bailey has spent his entire professional life as a trial lawyer. Much of that time has gone to attempting to convince juries, discuss issues with judges, and agree on settlements with opposing counsel. This experience has equipped him with the strategy he needs to negotiate effectively and help everyone come to a settlement that leaves everyone with a desirable outcome.