Litigator, Mediator& Arbitrator – Experienced, Certified, & Unbiased
- 50+ years of litigation experience
- Tried almost 150 cases to verdict
- Certified mediator & arbitrator
- Passed Certification in Civil Appellate Law
- Board-certified Personal Injury Trial Lawyer
- Litigated & lectured in the U.S., Europe & Asia
- Former board member of the TTLA
- Past president of the TTLA East Texas Chapter
Bailey said one of the things that mean the most to him is the fact that his career has allowed him to become involved in the lives of hundreds of families. Bailey has tried over 200 jury cases in his career, but there is more to him than just his prowess in the courtroom.
Blake Bailey serves his community in East Texas, his clients across the United States and internationally with empathy and compassion. For nearly fifty years, he has fought to protect the rights of his clients. Today, as a litigator, certified mediator and arbitrator, he is quick to listen and slow to assume so that he can provide an impartial and fair judgment.
Blake is a proud father and grandfather. He cares deeply about his family and is passionate about his community and people. He has traveled around the world to place like Europe, Asia, and Australia to lecture, litigate, and as a hobby he does photography.
Blake graduated from Texas Christian University with a BBA in 1970, and received his Doctor of Jurisprudence in 1973 at the Baylor Law School.
If you take the time to listen, three things often happen:
1. The other side tends to return the favor. Instead of each party developing their next argument while the other is trying to share their needs, they will actually absorb what each has to say.
2. You often discover common ground. You may be able to find ways to compromise in a way so that everyone gets what they really want.
3. The opposing party may give you valuable information you wouldn’t have had otherwise. This information may allow you to negotiate more effectively, or it may provide you what you need to develop a more sophisticated argument.
You can see that listening is not just the considerate thing to do. It’s actually a powerful strategy. Blake Bailey has spent his entire professional life as a trial lawyer. Much of that time has gone to attempting to convince juries, discuss issues with judges, and agree on settlements with opposing counsel. This experience has equipped him with the strategy he needs to negotiate effectively and help everyone come to a settlement that leaves everyone with a desirable outcome.